Melissa Jeglinski (RALEIGH CONFERENCE ONLY) is a literary agent with The Knight Agency.
A graduate of Clarion University of Pennsylvania, where she majored in English with a writing concentration, Melissa began her career as an editor with Harlequin Enterprises. Looking to work with a variety of authors and genres, she joined The Knight Agency in 2008.
With over two decades experience in the publishing industry, Melissa has fostered her clients to National prominence including a recent Newbery Honor. She is a member of RWA and AAR.
She is seeking:
• I would really love to find a project that captures my attention immediately. For me, this means a strong opening chapter, wonderfully engaging characters, unexpected twists and turns, and a very satisfying ending. No projects over 100k words, please.
• Contemporary Romance which is lighter in tone, has a sense of humor and a premise that is out of the box. Diverse characters welcome.
• Historical Fiction set in periods other than WWII. Also looking for contemporary and historical intertwined timelines. Prefer strong female protagonists.
• Cozy Mysteries with a unique premise but no paranormal edge. Planned series a plus.
• Middle Grade fiction with a heartwarming message or just pure entertainment. Fun and flawed realistic characters. Contemporary and historical settings but no paranormal or fantasy.
Recent and upcoming titles include Aimie K. Runyan’s ACROSS THE WINDING RIVER, Sarah Warburton’s ONCE TWO SISTERS, Ginger Garrett’s NAME TAGS AND OTHER SIXTH GRADE DISASTERS, and Rosemarie Ross’s FINISHED OFF IN FONDANT.